Monday, June 16, 2008

Treading Water

So I finally finished work and think the decompression process has begun. I am feeling some distance between the craziness of last week and the business of getting ready for the cruise with my best friend. In approximately two days we'll be at sea at this time. In the interim, I will need to finish a lot of laundry and packing. I accept that the house will just not be ship-shape as there just isn't enough time, but I can at least make an attempt to get some things in order.

Today was very productive and odd. I started out the morning by getting some pictures ordered through Costco, but never got around to picking up...so that's on tomorrow's agenda. Then I drove downtown to take N to his art class. I got some bad directions and ended up walking about 5 blocks extra to get to the right building. So we practically run to get there in time only to find out that the class had been canceled due to not enough participants. If they called to tell me, I never got the message. The were having some admin issues, so they redirected me to the local pool where I had orignially signed N up for his class. So we walk the 5 blocks back to the car and drive over to the pool. The front desk people spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out how to straighten everything out and get N into another class. Finally, we got the matter settled and had to fork more moolah for the new class til the city fathers refund the original amount.

Then we went over to the library to check out some books for the kids to read and to play at the nearby park. Next, we went over to the nail place so I could get my nails done. I've been having solar overlay own nails for the last few months (as opposed to fake add-ons) and I'm gonna go back to my own next month (too spendy on the upkeep)...but I digress. So after that, I dropped the kids off at the babysitter's so I could get ready for a job interview. I drove out to McMinnville, which is about 45 minutes from where I live. The interview went well and so I treated myself to some curly fries from Arby's on the way home. I picked up the kids and plopped in my chair to blog about all this. Tedious details about my day, but at least I'm finally blogging more consistently!

I feel as though I've gone from diving into the deep end of the pool (first year of teaching), feeling like I'm drowning (again...first year of teaching), to floating (figuring things out), to simply treading water (waiting for the trip to begin). Now I'm gonna be setting sail...okay this metaphor is wearing out...I think you get my point though. Though I have to gush though about how excited I am for this trip of a lifetime with my best friend. She is treating me to a cruise to Cozumel so that I can swim with the dolphins, a dream of mine. Will miss the kids and hubby, but I truly can't wait for this adventure to begin! I'll post some pics after I get back.

No comments: