Friday, May 23, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Sunny

So I'm experiencing deja vu...of last year at this time. I am in the midst of the everlasting job search. It is tough, time-consuming, and draining. I keep a pretty good attitude about it most days, but it does get hard sometimes. I hate the ongoing pity party when people ask you "have you found a job yet?" and I smile and say "not yet." Their faces kind of contort into a mixture of sympathy and confusion. I reassure them that something will pan out eventually and it's not big deal. I find it odd that I am comforting them so they don't keep that look of concern on their face. I know that people mean well and just curious, it just gets frustrating not to have good news to share. Anyhow, I'm just in a mopey mood, so don't mind me.


This was actually a pretty productive week. I've been dealing with some catty coworkers recently that just need to have the stick surgicallly removed from their ass. Since most staff are actually pretty nice, I'm learning to pick my battles and let their "stuff" roll off my back. I've kept myself out of most things, but sometimes you can't stay out fo the line of fire. They tend to target a new person each week. Other than that, all has been well at work. I am very busy with end of the year student file paperwork, grading, packing up my room. Also, I finally completed the memory book for the 6th graders and will next tackle the end of the year slideshow, prepare awards, and a graduation address. Personally speaking, I finally got my passport expedited and am waiting for that to arrive so I can go on a cruise with my best friend in June. Now I gotta finish my daughter's kindergarten enrollment paperwork, sign the kids up for summer activities, and wrap up my osn's baseball season. Oh, did I mention I'm still job hunting?


There is only three weeks left of school, so I think I will loopy up until then. I am gonna really miss my students. They were a challenging group some days, but overall I think there were some real breakthroughs with them. It has been nutty and a real rollercoaster. Can't wait for summertime! I am sooooooo looking forward to that time when my best gal pal and can just lounge poolside in the sun and not think of any stressful stuff. Better yet, it will be awesome to swim with the dolphins! Cozumel here we come!

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

I am so excited!! With all you have on your plate, we should have booked a 30-day cruise...you need tons of pool time. Not to worry though, I will make sure you do nothing but lay out in the sun, drink some refreshing alcoholic beverages, and RELAX!