Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Biker Chicks

I haven't been very good at blogging lately, barely managing to do it on a weekly basis. It's funny, I will be going about my day and think, "hey...this would make a great blog!" Then of course, I never get around to posting said inspiration. Go figure. I meant to write on Sunday, but the sunshine kept calling my name outside.

We had a really nice weekend though. DH surprised me with a trip to our local bike shop to buy me a bike of my own. The awesome part of this whole thing was that the last new bike I owned was when I was about 6 years old. After getting my new toy home, we took a ride around the neighborhood with the kids. They loved that! K had a little fear going downhill, but she was able to do it with some coaxing. I was very proud of her. She didn't want to be left behind, so I spent the entire bike ride just coasting along side her and providing encouragement. DH and N lapped us a couple of times as they sped off on their own. N has turned into a little daredevil on his bike, which is a far cry from the timid little guy he once was.

The other thing we were able to do was make a huge dent in our garage. It was getting pretty overrun with STUFF. I purged a lot of things and made a trip to the Goodwill. Now we can actually walk in there. Granted, I'll be bringing some of my teaching supplies home in the next month or so. However, it is a major improvement. I wasn't sure what home project to tackle next until yesterday. The shelf in N's closet came crashing down. It has served as storage mostly for miscellaneous items, but got to top-heavy. Guess it's time to make some drastic changes in this house. I am looking forward to summer not only for the freedom to sleep in and play with my kids, but for the extra time to catch up on my organizational projects.

3 comments:

Lynanne said...

Heh, I'm the same way with my blog.

How cool that you got a new bike!!

Would you like to come over and help with me with my garage now that you have yours organized? :)

Dauphyfan said...

If only, eh? :)

Kristin said...

Oh, biking is GREAT exercise! I should get one sometime, LOL.