Monday, June 22, 2009

6 Years Old

Since I just found my digital camera cord (again), I finally got more pictures uploaded. I thought I'd write a short recap of K's birthday on June 6th at Chuck E. Cheese. It was truly a full day of celebration and fun activities. We got up and had a quick breakfast and then began to get ready. K helped me put together party favors for her guests. Then we were off to pick up her cake and then onto the pizza parlor. A few neighbors that were invited were unable to attend, but some of our close family friends did not disappoint. The kids had a wonderful time gorging themselves on yummy food and playing all the games.

The only negative thing that happened was when we realized the bakery had misspelled K's name, even though I had clearly written her name down and double-checked it due to a previous mishap (the agency in charge of her class photo did the exact same thing!). The cake did look pretty awesome though with the horses and all. It was chocolate with raspberry filling.

After the party, DH and I took N and K to see the movie Up! and oh did they love that. After all that, we came home and the kids participated in a neighbor girl's kiddie parade party to celebrate her 6th birthday too. They were too cute. I'm not posting those pics to protect our neighbor's privacy. Since Saturday was so rushed, DH made special birthday pancakes belatedly for K (a tradition for us) on Sunday morning. Enjoy the pizza party pics!


Birthday pancakes for K

Look! K got Thumbelina Barbie!

Except misspelled name, K's horsey cake was very cute.

Blowing out her candles.

Loving that pizza.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Aw, cute pictures -- and I like her name. It's the same as mine. :o)