Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BFF and Baby Bella

During the first full week of my summer break, I flew to Las Vegas with to meet up with my best friend. We hadn't seen each other since the cruise she treated me to last summer. This was our little way of celebrating 15 years of friendship and escaping the humdrum of everyday life for just a bit. Shelley and I spent four fun-filled days constantly on the go, trying to fit in as much as we could to the point where our feet were ready to fall off. We ate a variety of places at all kinds of random times (one of the perks of Vegas...time becomes seemingly irrevelant). In just four days, we went to the 4-story M&M Shop, the Coca-Cola Shop, the Titanic Exhibit, the Moving Statues of Caesar's Palace, took in a show called The Mentalist, and checked out numerous stores for great deals, especially in the Miracle Mile shops.


So I could blog in detail about my whole trip to Las Vegas with my best friend, but I've decided just to cover my favorite part of it ('cause frankly I'm sleepy and don't feel like typing too much tonight). The best part of our little adventure to sin city was to the The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage. I'd been there once before with DH seven years earlier for our honeymoon, but this was Shelley's first time and I had no problem spending an afternoon watching dolphins. While it wasn't quite like the experience of actually swimming with them (like we did last year in Cozumel), this was awesome in a whole different way. After watching the trainers work with a couple of the dolphins, we got to just hang out by the water and observe the dolphins just chilling out. The added bonus was Bella, an adorable baby dolphin. She was just as cute as could be, especially as she tried to learn to do some of the same tricks as her mama. Shelley and I just sat back and marveled at this little wonder. It just doesn't get any better than that. It was a trip to remember and I can't wait for our next adventure!

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

The dolphins were definitely the highlight of the trip! So much fun and Bella was too adorable for words. Must begin planning next best friend adventure soon!!!

Kristin said...

Aw, that baby dolphin was super-cute. How FUN to get a trip with your best friend like that!!