Monday, March 28, 2011

I get knocked down but I get up again!

Normally I have a plethora of photos post after spring break. However, this year we had to watch our pennies and decided to stick close to home. Ironically, I ended up battling a killer cold for much of the past week. This illness knocked me on my a** and so I had to stay in bed for three days and then had a slow recovery. I managed to get out of the house a few times with the kids and even squeezed in a rare lunchdate DH at Podnah's. Got to indulge in their yummy pulled pork sandwich. I am anxious to go back and eat more of their spare ribs! Overall my spring vacation was restful and enabled my mind to clear out some of the clutter. The last two plus months of school will be brutal, but summer is on the horizon so I can look forward to that. It will be busy then too as I am set to babysit my neighbor's daughter to help them out and also earn little extra money. However, I love the relaxed mood that settles over our home in the summer. The kids are happier, I'm less stressed, and DH loves how much cleaner the house gets! :)

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

You've earned some time to relax in a big way! I hope you're feeling better. My cold has receded, but I still have a small bit of cough left. Suckage! Love you and let's chat soon.