Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Unraveling


So lately I've been fascinated by the saga that is Charlie Sheen's life. He has been up and down for years, but lately his erratic behavior and rambling press releases make you definitely pause. This guy seemingly had it all and continually throws his personal life into the crapper. Remember when once upon a time when Britney Spears and Robert Downey Jr. both spiraled out of control and we all thought it was a matter of time before one of them overdosed. Well, that is what Charlie Sheen's current state makes me think (Lindsay Lohan is another hot mess too). He is rapidly unraveling and nobody can stop it.
Charlie reminds me soooo much of my brother. He suffered setback after setback, but seemed oblivious to his own role in his undoing. I won't go into all of that here out of respect for his privacy, but it just makes me so sad to watch people who flush their lives away like that and you feel helpless. I have seen too many family members and friends flush their gifts down the toilet and I'm so tired. It takes a toll on those who care for them. Squandering something as precious as your life is like taking a sledgehammer to a rare jewel and not giving a rip. Living on the edge like that is a one way ticket to crazytown or the pearly gates, whichever comes first.

No comments: