Thursday, July 31, 2008

The ants go marching one by one...

Another busy week has come and well, it isn't quite gone I guess. I'm just trying to keep up with this blog. Saturday started off with hubby bringing me breakfast in bed. I thought that was especially sweet. Then I carted the kids off to spend time with some friends to celebrate their little boys' birthdays (turning three and seven). It was held at the home of the parents of my friend Rosalee. They held a BBQ and the kids got to swim in the pool or play on the slip 'n slide. It was a great day as I got to hang out with good friends, some of whom I don't get to see all that often.


On Sunday, hubby took the kids and I to Arby's for lunch. We all had some curly fries with our meals, something I am quickly becoming addicted too I think. We then shopped at Costco for some necessities and splurged on a new digital camera that we can't afford. In our defense, the other one went belly up on Saturday. It began taking pictures that resembled a melted Picasso painting. It was like it became possessed all of a sudden, very strange. One minute the pictures would be fine and then become all wierd-looking. Anyhow, I love taking pics too much to go without, so we decided on pretty good one I think.

We also spent part of Sunday dealing with another ant invasion. They somehow discovered a way in and took over the kitchen counters. They were everywhere. We had accidentally left out some breadsticks and they all came a running. You can imagine my neurotic nature taking over as I tried desperately not to freak out. I was very proud of myself and didn't overreact to the situation. Hubby stayed with me the whole time as we cleaned that kitchen from top to bottom. I still have some parts of the fridge and pantry to get to, but overall the kitchen looks immaculate. All week I have been keeping it spotless as the ants keep trying to come back. One day they invade the dishwasher and the next they come out of the outlet. They seem to be finding every nook and cranny to crawl through. I must thank them though, whenever they pay us a visit...I go into my cleaning frenzy. Does a dirty house good! Anyhow, I love nice and organized the kitchen looks now. It finally gave me the kick I'd been needing to attack the rest of the house. Bit by bit I've been tackling various parts of our home. Slowly but surely, it's becoming less cluttered and more classy.


I did get another interview. It went well I thought, but will see what happens. Mostly, I spent this week running a bunch of errands and taking the kids to and from their classes. Today, hubby stayed home sick. I should've stayed home and worked on my daughter's room as it has been struck by the tornado that is K, but instead I packed up the kids and we went berry-picking again. We had gone through the last of the last batch, and were craving some more. I want take advantage of the great prices while they are still in season. This time we picked a bunch of Siskiyou Blackberries and what was left of their Willamette Raspberries. The blackberries were so easy as they were plentiful and came right off the vine. We had planned to pick Boysenberries too, but K was really tired and cranky. I bought some of their pre-picked blueberries also to make some yummy pancakes this weekend. I was fairly drained myself, so I ended up taking a much needed nap.


Anyhow, the week is drawing to a close and I will hopefully make a dent in K's room tomorrow. If I feel ambitious, the kids and I might have a little picnic at the nearby park the next neighborhood over. I also have a hearing test at the audiologist's in the late afternoon. It's been almost two years since my last one, and I can tell it's long overdue for this one. Here's hoping for good things on the horizon and keeping those pesky ants at bay.

No comments: