Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stand Up to Cancer

I was cruising through Youtube and came across a really inspiring video of several phenomenal women (little ode to Maya Angelou). A number of very popular songstresses joined forces to "Stand Up to Cancer" at the Fashion Rocks show. Everyone from Beyonce and Carrie to Mariah and Miley were present. They do a fabulous job and sound amazing! I love showcases like this where egos are checked at the door and they just come together to sing for a good cause ala We Are the World. I lost both of my grandfathers to cancer in the space of three months, so I definitely support a cause like this. Cancer has been around for what seems like forever, so we often get complacent about just how rampant it really is. Here's a link if you wanna take a listen for yourself...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5mvNPyV1I.

No comments: