Saturday, March 07, 2009

Fireproof

After all these years, Kirk Cameron's still got it! He was the first famous guy that I ever put on my wall. I talked my folks into getting me a subscription to Bop! teen magazine just for the pinups of this hottie. I once wrote him a quirky fan letter too, but never heard back. Not surprising though as he probably received thousands a week. Anyhow, he has led an extraordinary life in the years since his heyday on Growing Pains.

Tonight I had the good fortune to finally watch Fireproof with a close friend. I'd been wanting to see it for months, but had no access to it. It was truly a heartwarming movie and really makes you think about your life a lot. In a nutshell, it's about a couple on the verge of divorce. Kirk plays a fire chief struggling to figure out which path to take, when he is handed an inspiring book that dares him to go on a 40 day journey that leads him to what he had missing and ultimately changes his life. It requires him to take on many tasks that challenge him to the core. but teach him how to truly love another. I've been reading some of the helpful information offered by the movie's website and highly encourage anyone to check it out at http://www.fireproofyourmarriage.com/. I plan to look into this journey and see what it entails. If you haven't seen this movie, it's definitely worth your time.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

We watched it a few weeks ago. SO much food for thought -- I have thought about it several times since then and will probably watch it again and again. (We bought the DVD at WalMart and they even sold out!)