Sunday, May 31, 2009

Class it up!

Okay, so I've been moaning and groaning all year about the tiny size of my classroom (a.k.a. cubicle) here are the pics I've been promising to post (for some of you). In hindsight, I guess I just didn't know how good I had it last year. Now I know I'll never any space for granted again. I've included a pictures of my first classroom and desk, just to see the contrast to this year's digs. It might be hard to appreciate the actual dimensions of each room, but imagine it full of kids and that it's about the size of a typical bedroom. The walls are the same you'd find in an office building full of cubicles, so it can get kind of loud at times. The moral of this story is like any situation you have no control over, you make the best of it and get creative.

Last year:

My first classroom.
Imagine 25 sixth graders filling this room.

My desk is hidden behind the many bins and trays.


This year:


Cute and cozy.
The flowers were a gift for Teacher Appreciation Day.

What you see is what you get.



This is our makeshift hallway.
We fit three classrooms into the overall space.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow, I have almost as much space as you, lol. But what nice looking classrooms.