Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Doins

Our holiday break began with a thousand things to cross off the to-do list. The kids and I raced around trying to finish our shopping and other errands. I also spent three nights wrapping presents and working on Christmas cards. Since I had so many work-related projects to complete during December, I procrastinated these other things, so it was my fault that I had to fit so much into so little time.

As if all the shopping, wrapping, and cards weren't enough, I had to clean the house from top to bottom for Christmas. We had let it get pretty cluttered, so I was glad to do it. The kids happily pitched in by sweeping and vaccuuming the downstairs for me. I gathered all the miscellaneous stuff, washed the dishes, tackled laundry, and packed our bags for our upcoming trip to Bend. After we had the house sparkling, we baked Christmas tree brownies and made Rice Krispie balls. I wish I had taken photos 'cause they turned out really good. Keep trying to remember to keep my camera handy!


It's hard to feel like I've been on vacation yet, since there has been so much to do. However, much to our delight, Grandma J invited the kids and I out for lunch on the Tuesday before Christmas. We ate at a quaint little country restaurant that we love. The place is cozy, complete with a fireplace for ambiance. Even though their menu is a bit limited and a little spendy, their food is delicious and worth the trip.

Will post Christmas recap and photos very soon! We just got home from a very long and tiring holiday weekend. Battling a bad headache and am too exhausted to blog about it all in one night.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Whew! Christmas is a lot of work, isn't it? But a lot of fun, too. I'm glad you were able to get some time to catch up and I hope you all had a very, Merry Christmas!

Clint said...

I hear ya on the not felign like you are on break. A teacher/mom's work is never done.

Melissa said...

you seem like such a fun mom. your kids are very lucky!