Saturday, December 05, 2009

Things are coming up roses...

Must give a shout out and two enthusiastic thumbs up to the boys of both U of O and OSU. Both teams played their hearts out on Thursday night during the annual civil war game. This event is the most highly anticipated game of every season due to the ongoing rivalry between the two schools. I always root for alma mater of course, so I am a Duck through and through. What made this year's game especially exciting for all were the stakes. The winner of this game would go to the Rose Bowl (first time EVER that the civil war game would decide such a fate). Whomever walked away victorious in the end, it was still a win-win for the state to have an Oregon team there. U of O went into it ranked 7th nationally, and the Beavers were ranked 16th (another amazing feat for both Oregon teams).

They went head to head and traded the lead throughout, with the Ducks coming out on top. You couldn't have asked for a more outstanding game, and I have never been a big follower of football. I confess that I was flipped back and forth between Survivor and the game. I happened to transfer to the U of O during my junior year, the last time Oregon played in the Rose Bowl. Now fifteen years later, they are heading back to Pasadena. I might actually watch a football game on New Year's Day for the first time in years. I was raised by a football fanatic (wink wink Mom) who LIVES for this day, so in her honor I end with this...GO DUCKS!

No comments: