Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Things We Do For Love

So while the rest of the world is watching the Superbowl, hubby and I watching The Truth About Cats and Dogs. I'd like to say that it was a completely chivalrous on his part as he genuinely loves the movie. However, he DVR'd the game so he could enjoy the exciting parts later (especially the commercials!). That's one of the things I really appreciate about him. He's willing to watch certain chick flicks with me, such as Erin Brockovich, Beaches, Coal Miner's Daughter, or My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Sadly, I have yet to lure him in enough to sit through Steel Magnolias or Terms of Endearment, two of my absolute faves.


That's okay though, he's grateful for how often I am willing to sit through his "guy" movies. Every weekend I am subjected to some film that I would normally never watch on my own, all in the name of love. For instance, I reluctantly sat through Clash of the Titans just yesterday. I mean I purposely avoided that one my whole life for obvious reasons. It is a painfully bad movie even worse special effects. Yet, it was fun in an odd sort of way to endure for hubby and the kids. Awww, the things we do for love.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i read an amazing book by kristin hannah titled "the things we do for love." :)
you're far braver than i am. i won't sit through most of the stuff my husband likes. i feel bad when he wants to watch my movies though and i try to watch them when he's not around just to take the pressure off. we usually try to stick to movies we both want to see as to save time.