Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pigs really do fly


So my hubby finally did something that even I never thought would happen. For as long as I've known hime, DH has had an ongoing debate with some of his buddies over the best automaker, particularly trucks. He has and always will be a Chevy man. One of his best friends has and always will be a Ford man. I find it odd that none of them prefer Dodge...just sayin.

Then sometime last year, DH started this journey down a path I never imagined he'd travel. While his childhood was difficult at best, he was fortunate enough to travel a great deal with his family. They loved going to Disneyland, Hawaii, Mexico, New York, and wherever else they could. While they never really wanted for anything, DH's family just weren't the outdoorsy type. DH grew up to be an indoor boy with a thing for computers. On the flip side, my family managed to take a number of road trips during my childhood, but some of my most vivid memories were us just going camping for a weekend.

In the last year and a half, DH has taken developed many new interests that I believe to be for the better. If you know him at all, you know DH is slow to welcome change. However, he is now into a myriad of outdoor things such as camping, hunting, and has spoken of taking up fishing. I love that our kids will get to experience many of these wonderful memories still yet to come as a result. And imagine my continued surprise when DH says he wants to get a new truck. What do we end up with? A Ford. I guess pigs really do fly! It's so comfortable and roomy. The gas mileage is not great, but it has just about everything else we could want in a vehicle.





Goodbye to an old friend, our Aztek.






Hello to our new 2009 Ford F150. Isn't she pretty? I want to call her Bella, but DH insists that he gets to name her...since it's his truck. I'll let him think that if it makes him happy.

No comments: