Friday, February 25, 2011

Back to reality...

What a long and winding road this week has been! As per usual, report card season has kept me freakishly busy. However, if I hadn't had so many days off this week, I doubt I would've finished my work in time. Last term I was working until the last minute to get all 57 report cards/comments completed. Much of it was done on my personal time, if that gives you any indication of how time-consuming the process is. I pray that spring term goes smoother!

This past week, Monday was a holiday, Tuesday K had a fever, Thursday was a snow day, and Friday I had the option to work from home. Wednesday was the only day I actually taught. It's always a good feeling to finish, but it takes an additional couple of days to resume my regular routine since I become so immersed in my work. I'm going to try and do that starting tomorrow and get some home projects taken care of such as decorating for spring holidays. I've misplaced my camera, so I need to find it so I can get back to my love of photography. A hot bath, some good comfort food, and no thoughts of work for the whole weekend are in order.

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

Sounds like we're doing similar "rest and recover" weekends. It's so needed and you've definitely earned it!

Dauphyfan said...

Thank you Shelley! Yes, we are both in that same mode. The mind gets so overloaded that it begins to take a toll. In fact, today is the first day in weeks I have felt any sense of respite.