Monday, October 01, 2007

Caught in the middle

I am starting to feel the drain on my energy. I used to blog almost daily, but now I'm lucky if I get one done a week. I've been keeping a crazy schedule with work. It's been getting a little better, but I still have some very late nights and am still losing weight. That last part is one of the nice perk, but I just don't want my health to suffer and get totally run down. I still don't even have a sub plan put together or even know how to call subfinder in the event I do get sick. That is high on my priority list though now that some of the academic things are finally coming together for me. Still wish I had had some better mentoring, but what can you do? Just doin the best I can with what I have to work with.


Celebrated our son's birthday this past weekend. N is now 7 years old. We went with some family and friends to Chuck E. Cheese for his dinner party and oh did he have lots of fun. Spent all of Sunday being lazy...really lazy. I got some laundry done and got a bit of the living room picked up, but otherwise I tried to be a lump on a log. It was cold and rainy outside, so I was more than happy to stay inside with the fam.


Today however was a far cry from the good weekned I had. It was a really long work day and then ended up in the middle of something I wasn't prepared for. The short version is that two of my closest friends are getting a divorce and somehow I found myself caught in the middle. Lines have been drawn in the sand and I'm feeling as if I have to choose between my two friends...and it's not a good feeling. Right now there is a lot of mistrust, hurtful words, and accusations flying around. There are kids involved, so it complicates things even more. Even though I have my personal opinions about the situation, I have told both that I will be there as a support, but would prefer to be kept out of the crossfire and refuse to choose. Divorce is never easy, but it quickly becomes clear where loyalties lie. I just hope both sides of this family remember that the children should be sheltered from as much as possible from the bad blood. Makes me awfully grateful for what I have that is going well in my life and not to take anything for granted.

No comments: