Sunday, September 23, 2007

Britt Brat

WARNING! Graphic blog ahead...After a long month of nonstop work, my health finally failed me today. We spend much of yesterday out shopping with my daughter. She and I were spending some quality time together while getting my son's birthday gifts. Well, we brought home some Chinese food from a local grocery store chain for dinner. All was well until about 3 am. I woke up with a nasty feeling in my stomach and lower back. Needless to say, I spent the next hour battling some sort of virul attack as I was in and out of the bathroom. When I finally crawled back to bed, I had to keep a tupperware bowl nearby just in case. I emptied my system of everything I'd eaten over the last week. I had hoped to wake up feeling like a ray of sunshine, but instead looked pale as a ghost.

Not sure what went wrong with my tummytumtum, I opted for the BRAT diet today. I believe BRAT stands for bananas, rice, apples, and toast. In essence, sticking with bland foods to keep everything at bay. So far so good. I'm getting better. Just working on some of my lessons for the coming week. I feel like I'm getting more efficient as each week goes by. I really need to get my sub plans prepared in the event I have a problem arise down the road. I am hopeful to be back to normal by tomorrow. So I'm trying to get my lessons in order just in case one of my kids gets this virus. Still don't know what I have, though a student of mine vomited in class the other day. Probably got it from him. Anyhow, hubby picked up some vitamins at Costco for us to start helping with our nutrient intake. I also want to get some Echinacea for additional protection.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

I am SO sorry you got ill! That is the worst feeling in the world. When I had food poisoning, I really felt like death would be preferable to the illness.

Anyway, hope you feel better today and that you continue to be on the mend.