Saturday, December 29, 2007

Keepin On

Okay, so this is always the strangest time of year to me...the period between Christmas and New Years. It just feels like time is in limbo for whatever reason. I haven't been ultra-productive this week, but I managed to get a few key things done. Ever since I was pregnant with my firstborn, I have adopted the attitude that if you get even one thing on your "to-do" list checked off, then it's been a good day. It took me a long time to truly apply it though. When my list became miles long, I had no choice but to be content with getting little things accomplished here and there or I would drive myself crazy with worry. So that is how I have approached this week. I was battling a bad sinus headache and major fatigue. I chalk it up to everything catching up with me all at once. You know when you are going all the time like the Energizer Bunny, eventually something has to give.

As lethargic as I have felt, the good news is that I have started to lose weight again. My weight had stalled over the last month and a half due to excessive snacking on holiday treats. It also doesn't help that I have a weakness for egg nog, the fattiest drink ever! Anyhow, I woke up this morning to the pleasant surprise of having lost 2 more pounds. I started out this weight-loss journey at...dare I say it...158 lbs. Yikes! That was the most I'd ever weighed in my life, except for when I was pregnant with my son (got up to 188 lbs), but I managed to lose all of it back then. I got up to 158 while I was back in school, working on my masters. Don't know why, but I just packed on the pounds. Anyway, I've been trying to lose the extra weight for a year, but it has been slow-going. It took me 8 months to lose just 5 lbs. However, once I went back to work this fall, the pounds just started coming off. My goal is to get down to somewhere between 130 - 135 lbs. I figure that is a good maintenance weight for me. Right now, I am at 144, so I have at least 10 more to lose, but I have faith that with time and effort it will happen. It feels good to finally be back to my pre-pregnancy weight though...it's been awhile. Now I would love to get down to my pre-marital weight...:) Dare I make it a New Year's resolution? I think I'll just say if at first I don't succeed, I will try, try again.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Something about grad school causes weight gain. No time and no energy to eat healthy I guess.

Congrats on losing two pounds, that is awesome! I'm back on the weight loss wagon too after falling off it this year...not just falling off it, but getting run over by it:)