Monday, January 12, 2009

Elvis Lives!

I survived the first week back to school, though barely. I actually got through the work part of it fairly intact, just seems to be a never-ending list of things to do. The problem for me was a total lack of sleep and yes, with only myself to blame. With the new year comes new episodes of shows I enjoy. This has always been my downfall. I was so used to staying up late over winter break, that it took me several days to grow accustomed to an earlier bedtime. Hence, I had a few nights that went past midnight. Not good on the mind or body when you have to be alert and ready to teach elementary school.


Ideally, I should be asleep by 10 o'clock. I manage to do this about once a week. By Friday night (a night I can actually stay up late), I am so exhausted from work and from sleep deprivation that I am often knocked out by 10:00 anyway. It's a vicious cycle I tell ya. This week I am aiming for 11 o'clock as my average bedtime. If I can force myself to try for an earlier time, wonderful!


On another note, we are scratching our heads in confusion over something. K has had a few accidents (#1)in recent days. She has wet the bed for the last three nights and barely makes to the bathroom during the day. She has been going more frequently and today had four accidents (just #1)!!! She woke up wet, had one at school (had one spare change of clothes in her backpack), had two accidents at childcare. She knows what to do, but for whatever reason she keeps waiting until the last minute. I need to find a new doctor and get her in to be seen. I am starting worry.


And one last funny thing I just have to share. As I have said in the past, you see all kinds on public transportation. Today had to be one of the best ones yet. I riding the downtown streetcar en route to the MAX train, who saunters up and gets on board? All heads turn in a mixture of disbelief, surprise, and humor to see the King himself, Elvis...or yet another wayward impersonator. He was dressed to the nines in his sequined jumpsuit, cape, bouffant (sp?), and even THE sunglasses. I have to give it to the guy, he stayed in character even on the streetcar. Hehehe.

No comments: