Thursday, January 29, 2009

Widget-Challenged

Anyone know how to change my blogger template without losing all of my sidebar data/widgets? I normally just copy and paste a template, but then I have to re-enter all the links, images, and other stuff. Hence, this is the reason my blog has remained the same for sooooo long. I always lose something in the transfer, so I wish there was a simple way to change my background. Help!

P.S. What exactly is a widget anyway? I always assumed it was the various gadgets people have on their blogs.

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

Yup, widgets are the various gadgets people have for their blogs...or if you talk to my contracts professor, a widget is what people are constantly making and selling and therefore contracting about...LOL!

You can keep your sidebar stuff when changing your background. It should be pretty easy, though I'll have to work through it myself and send you the instructions.

Kristin said...

I just change my settings through the "Dashboard." I don't customize, though; just use whatever Blogger has. But you can keep your current (or any other template) they have and still make changes to the link colors, font colors, background, etc.

So . . . I go to "Dashboard", then click on the "Layout" tab, then "Fonts and Colors" to just change my colors like I do (it won't change anything else or your sidebar.) You can preview your changes there, too.

Under the "Layout" tab you can also choose a new template if you wish.

Hope this helps!

(There are a some sites that make customized templates, too, like Pyzam.com that won't mess with your side-bar either, so I'm told.)