Friday, April 30, 2010

Chasing my tail!

It's a Friday and that's always a good thing. I am so behind in my blogging yet again. I have about a month and a half worth of news to share that I WILL post more about by the end of the weekend. I find when I set a goal in writing I'm more apt to follow through. We've on on the go so much lately and so busy that I barely have any down time it seems like. So many home projects have been neglected and are in dire need of our attention, so that is on the agenda for the next few weekends.

It's nearly May and already it's testing time again. Today I began testing my students in reading and writing, a process that will take most of the month. I have more grading to do as well. Once all those tasks are complete, then I get do report cards (already!). Then once those are out of the way, I can begin to pack my classroom. Whew! And I had the nerve to think spring would be a breeze compared to the rest of the year! I often feel like the process is a lot like when my dog chases her tail around and around. Well, it is in a way, but my students and I are in the same boat... ready for summer and struggling to stay focused. My goal is to be very timely this term so that June will be more relaxed for us all. Ah yes, early June brings another birthday. K will be turning lucky number 7. All the more reason to have get all of these things done by the end of May. Wish me luck!

No comments: