Friday, June 18, 2010

7 years old



I seem to always be late in posting this year. Better late than never I suppose. We celebrated K's birthday recently. After doing the whole Chuck E. Cheese party thing last year and spending a small fortune on her special day, we went more low-key this year. Work has kept both DH and me so preoccupied and busy that we honestly just didn't have time or money for a big blowout birthday. Yes, I feel like a bad mom, but I pray that there'll be future birthday to "do it up right."

On Saturday night, we celebrated with cupcakes at the home of some close friends. DH made her a special birthday pancake, complete with candle...a tradition in our home. Then K opened some presents and delighted in her new stuff.

A few weeks prior, she had attended a friend's cosmic bowling birthday party, K decided she wanted to do the same. While we didn't splurge on a big party, we did take her to a local bowling alley and enjoyed a couple of games and some snacky foods. They also had an arcade that had lots of new and old school arcade games to enjoy. The kids got a kick out of knocking the pins down and I loved the bumper guards...no gutter balls! LOL. K and N played lots of games in the arcade. I miss arcades! I like to think I kick a little Ms. Pacman bootay! But I digress...

I must admit that this birthday has been bittersweet. K is already 7 years old! It's neat to watch her learn and grow. Yet I don't wanna think about my baby girl getting older. I always tell her to stop growing up and she just laughs. Yes, I'm a big crybaby about it. Can't they stay little forever or at least a few more years? My son will be 10 years old this fall, so that will likely put me over the mommy edge. Sigh.



Celebrating with friends




Hmmm, what should I wish for?




What will I wish for this time?



Lucky #7


Giffies!



Loves her horses



How do I look?



More girly stuff




Learning the art of Donkey Kong




Getting my Ms. Pacman fix




Ready, set, go!


Galaga!


Bowling baby!



Messing around



Yippee! I hit the pins!



So proud of my not-so-baby girl



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love all the pics. It's crazy how time flies! I was watching videos of my older son when he was the same age as my younger son. I can't believe he was ever that little!