Monday, July 30, 2007

Little fishies

My kids just reached a milestone today...they both started their swim lessons! When N was a baby, I took a few Mommy 'n me swim classes, but he has no memory of them. Both of my kids have been in the water before at various pools and lakes, but neither have had real lessons before. It was exciting to see them splash around with purpose. K was in the Catfish 1 group, which is for beginner swimmers ages 3-5...and N was in the Dolphin 1 group, which is an accelerated intro for 6-7 year olds. Of course, I forgot to bring my camera and was jealous of all the snaphappy parents. I figure I'll just bring it on Wednesday to commerorate the moment for a scrapbook page...:) My little fishies are learning how to swim!

After we finished with their lessons, we ended up staying at the nearby park to play. A lady came up to tell us about some free crafts and games going on. So the kids got make some handmade maraccas (did I spell that right?) out of two paper bowls, beads, a popcicle stick, and tape. I made a mental note to try this activity out when I get my own classroom for a Cinco de Mayo activity. It was a lot of fun for the kids to play parachute, toss some balls, and just goof around with other kids. After about two hours at the park, I finally had to tear them away from all the fun. We all went home and had some lunch. I think we were all so tired that we all crashed for a few hours. It was a fun day and great start to the week.

No comments: