Friday, August 25, 2006

Life's a beach



Well, it took forever and a day to get around to it, but we finally made it to the beach. I've been longing to take my kids there for last couple of years, but we just never had a chance to. Well, my mother-in-law kindly offered to take us (hubby had to work) to Cannon Beach. This little coastal town reminds me so much of the one in Mystic Pizza. We made a whole day of it and went to Haystack rock. We had hoped to explore the tidepools, but the tide was in too far for that. They had a blast anyway since they got to play in the water and sand. My almost six-year old son had to be watched carefully for he was very bold as he waded into the water. My three-year old daughter was a bit frightened of the tide and would just run away from it with a little squeal. We ate lunch at Mo's (best chowder ever!), got some ice cream cones, and got some salt water taffy of course.

I also made the mistake of thinking that the kids wouldn't need their swimsuits (or swimsoups as my daughter calls them). Well, an overcast day turned into a sunny one, which was great. Nicky was drenched. Kirsten accidentally fell in the water, so her non-water proof diaper sagged. Luckily, I had a change of clothing for each of them. All in all it was a fabulous day. They enjoyed themselves so much. Aren't they cute?

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Aww, they are adorable! One should always bring a change of clothing when children get anywhere near any sort of body of water. Things I've learned over the years:) LOL!