Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sock it to me

After staying up too late to watch Mystic Pizza, which is an adorable film by the way, I woke up this morning with a blazing headache. I mean we're talking an anvil fell on my skull and I am already on my second dose of tylenol. I could not be motivated to do much of anything today. I managed to drag my sorry butt downstairs for breakfast and fold some laundry, but that's the best I could do this morning. To show you just how nutty my brain is today, let me share an interesting dilemma I am facing. We're talking monumental issue here folks.

Which brings me to my Nancy Drew mystery...I have a pile of socks on my bed that need to be matched with a pair. What mysterious force removes socks from the wash so that these once married garments are suddenly thrust into the single life? I'm telling you, I can't seem to find the pairs. Sometimes I'm successful and reunite long lost pairs, but there is a higher power at work here. I think every washing machine is haunted by a sock ghost. I have no idea why, it's just that I have like 50+ lonely singles that have no partner. Well, maybe if I exorcise this phantom out of my spin cycle, my sock families will no longer be ripped apart. Alrighty, time to get on with real life. Here's to wishing my horrendous headache goes away.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Whenever I cannot match the socks up, I take it as a sign that I should just go out and buy new socks. Ok, so maybe that's not the smartest plan...:)

I hope you feel better soon!