Sunday, August 20, 2006

Street of Dreams


Going to see the Street of Dreams today. The picture above was taken last year in front of my favorite house. Now please note you can't even fit the whole house into the frame of the shot. It reminded me a huge beachhouse and I loved it! My husband and I keep planning to move into a bigger house in the next year or so. We indulge ourselves frequently by househunting not so much to buy one, but just windowshop so to speak. It's fun to plan and imagine what our dream house will look like. We watch shows like Double Agents, House Hunters, and such. It's interesting watch the journey others take in their search for that perfect home and what details go into making it so.

It is amazing how beautiful and expensive the houses in the Street of Dreams are. I can only hope that one day we can own something that is even resembles smidgeon of theses homes. For me, I am not really ambitious about it as I live in a townhome currently and just need more space. I would be satisfied with a nice big backyard and a two car garage for exterior upgrades. As for the interior, I would love a fourth bedroom, den, or bonus room. A family room would be a lovely perk too. And for the kitchen, I would love to have a breakfast nook and an island if possible. I can accept certain modifications to these desires, but one can wish for them.

No comments: