Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cookie Cutters

The kids have been getting the chance to bake lots of cookies this Christmas. It has always been my goal to build that into our traditions, but this is only the second year we've found the time to do it, and I'm so glad we've made the effort. The kids truly enjoy it, especially K. She always wants to help out with everything, but especially anything to do with the kitchen. I think it's part interest and part wanting to feel like a big girl. We've made lots of chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies over the years, but this year we tackled sugar and gingerbread cookies for the first time...and did we have a good time!





Decorating snowflake sugar cookies


Getting each one just right




Meet the Gingerbread Gang


Rolling those pieces


Squeezing out that frosting is hard work


What a good job!

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

That looks like so much fun!! I want to come over and make cookies...and eat them...

Kristin said...

Aw, so fun. I'm glad my kids are enthusiastic helpers or we wouldn't have gotten much baking done at all (with my condition.) I have some pics I should post soon, too. I'm too tired to take pictures lately, so things MUST be getting tough, LOL.