Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well, snow has found our area and before Christmas no less! We've been having a a cold snap since Saturday and the snow has been falling off and on since Sunday. School has been canceled for both the kids and I all week, so winter break began a bit early this year. It is supposed to be worse on tomorrow, but there is a small chance there will be some sunbreaks on Friday. I have library books at my school that I need to retrieve, but may not be able to get them anytime soon. The kids and I have been snowbound, but have managed to enjoy some fun outside. It is so cold though and I ususally shoo them in after awhile so they don't get sick.



They've outgrown many of their old winter stuff, so we need to get more gear. N's boots fit and we have gloves that work. However, K needs boots and both could use some snowpants so they can get in there and make some snow angels. We tried a makeshift sled, using a plastic lid. However, the snowpack was too stiff and not slick enough. I made the mistake of leaving the kids' sleds at my parents home, where it snows more frequently. Now we're wishing we had them. The hills in our neighborhood are ideal for sledding. =)

Checking out the snow...


Look, K can make it snow all by herself!


Getting snowballs ready...

Snowball fight!

Brrrrrrrrr, that wind is cold!


Trying to stay warm with the kiddos.


View from our front porch.

How they love the snow.

Hi Mommy!


I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!

Tasting snowflakes...


Our townhome.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Nice house and wreath! Winter found us a few weeks ago, too. My kids are super-excited about it and a white Christmas.