Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gingerbread Galore

After a very busy and somewhat stressful week, I treated myself to a night of Food Network specials. I needed to vege and tune out the world for little awhile with one of my guilty pleasures. Yes, I am addicted to this channel, particularly their competition shows. The extreme cakes and BBQ contests are the most fun to watch. Tonight I enjoyed watching the Gingerbread Championships. The work and detail that went into these edible masterpieces was amazing. I am a big fan of food as art, so shows like this are right up my alley. It has always been my secret desire to be a cake decorator or pastry chef (which is why I love Ace of Cakes). While I am no Betty Crocker, I am working at it each year to get better. Anyhow, check out some of these gingerbread designs...











No comments: