Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Beach Bums

Well, tomorrow will be a very busy day. We will be getting up early to drive to the coast. My mom got a great discount on a timeshare condo through her work, a well-known resort in central Oregon. Anyhow, she invited us to spend a few days there with her and my nephew. We will be quite busy taking walks on the beach, playing in the surf, and checking out all the shops. I am very excited because to my recollection, I don't think our kids have ever spent more than a day at a time at the beach. So this will be their first LONG trip. N (6 yrs) has memories of our last trip there, but K (4 yrs) doesn't even seem to truly understand what the beach even is. She's in for a treat!

We have to make two little detours before we can head out. First, we have to drop off our dog with some friends who will be doggysitting for us while we are gone. Then I have a job interview in McMinnville, which is thankfully on the way to Newport. It worked out well direction-wise. I am a little nervous, but will be quickly relieved to know that we will be right on our way directly following the interview. I hope I don't fret about knowing hubby and the kids are waiting around for me. Hubby said he might take them out for breakfast while they are killing time and will save me something. Anyhow, I am just happy to have an interview again. I've been applying like crazy to jobs and so if I am to get any calls at all, they will begin coming in over the next couple of weeks. What really gets me is that Beaverton has never called. I have a great work history with them and felt like they were my best shot at getting a job. However, the competition for jobs in that district are is very tough as it is one of the better districts to work for. Anyhow, I will keep crossing my fingers and plugging away.

Off to the beach we go!

Shelley, I am keeping you and your mom in my prayers!

No comments: