Saturday, June 09, 2007

Down, but definitely not out

Another job opportunity has come and gone. Go figure. Guess the whole dolphin mascot coincidence didn't do much good after all. I am coming to the point that I just shrug it off. It still stings, but I just don't know what else I can do. I've taken steps to correct some things that I felt might've been holding me back, so we'll see what comes of that. In the meantime, I am just keeping several options open. Whenever one of us gets too stressed (hubby or I), we try to remind each other that the tide will turn eventually and for the better (we hope). Anyway, I just keep plugging away at this job hunting thing and keep on keepin on...as they say.

On a much brighter note, I am really looking forward to some travel opportunities this summer. First, there is my trip to Houston in July to see my good buddy, Shelley. She said we could go to Nasa, which I am really psyched about. The whole trip will feel like a real vacation, something I really need after two intense years of juggling family, work, and graduate school. That is giving me something to cling to on the downer days. We are also invited to the coast to stay with my family who has rented a beachfront condo for the week. My mom works for a resort that occasionally gives employees major discounts on their affiliate resorts. That should be great fun for the kids to get away for a few days too. They love the beach, so that will be their big time vacation for the summer. I am a picture freak, so will be taking lots of photos. We want to get them out to Multnomah Falls for a daytrip sometime soon too since they've never seen it. Anyhow, that's all for now. I'm hitting the sack cuz I gotta get up early for work in the morning.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Can't wait for you to get here! 29 days and counting:) NASA will be much fun.

Sorry about the job. Those bastards!! Sigh. Job hunting sucks the big one.