Thursday, August 09, 2007

...and then there was light.

Well, I must stand corrected. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I had lost faith in the power of prayer. A good friend of mine told me not so long ago about a situation involving tything (sp?) with their church. She mentioned they had been struggling financially, so they stopped giving money. Their situation seemed to only get worse, until they met with someone who helped them get on a budget. They decided to resume tything and lo and behold...their situation began to improve tremendously. She told me that she felt it was their faith in God that had helped turn the tide for them. I tried to keep an open mind about it, but felt that it was just the church's way of asking for support from its members. Yes, that was the cynical side of me. Well, in the wake of our own financial woes and this endless job-hunting process...I thought adding a little extra prayer in each day couldn't hurt. Ironically, my luck began to change. I started getting a ton of interviews - 2-4 a week!

Well, over the last three days I decided to step it up another notch and really say some very heartfelt prayers. I know there were some other loved ones saying their own prayers on my behalf, which I believe had a big impact. Today I got the call I've been waiting months to for. I got a job teaching 6th grade at a nearby elementary school less than 10 minutes from where I live. There are so many positives to this job. It's been a long road to get to this point. Interestingly enough, I wasn't even gonna bother applying for this particular job as I had almost given up hope. 6th grade is an intimidating age group for me as I gravitate more towards the primary grades. It was basically a leap of faith. I had just got off the phone as my husband was arriving home from work. I opened the door and told him. His jaw dropped and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. He was so genuinely excited for me that he picked me up and hugged me. It was a great moment for us. We've been hanging on by a rapidly fraying thread for the last two years when this journey began. We have had many hurdles along the way, but I have hope that good things are on the horizon. Today was one of those days where a lot of major things took place. A family friend gave birth, another dear friend quit her job, another told me of some marital problems, and so on and so forth. In a nutshell, it was a very busy day for all.


I am a happy girl.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

I am beyond excited for you!! I just knew it was going to come through this week. Hmm...maybe I need to become a psychic.

Anyway, the power of prayer is very real and does bring about miraculous things. Keep on praying, it works.

I'm so proud of you! You've worked so hard for this and you are now going to reap the fruits of your very long labor. GO YOU!!!