Friday, August 03, 2007

Dancing the night away

Warning! Warning! Cheese factor alert!
Okay, now that you have been forewarned, I am going to be redundant and blog a bit about one of my early childhood aspirations. Long before little girls yearned to become a Fly Girl on In Living Color or a celeb's partner on Dancing with the Stars, there were the Solid Gold Dancers. Yes, I've discussed this show before, but I'm gonna do it again. Anyone who knows me knows that it's no secret that I dreamed of one day becoming one of them. Darcell was always my favorite, with her long ebony hair and beautiful solo numbers...she epitomized dancing to me. The 80's were tailor-made for their leg warmers, snazzy lycra suits, and big hair. Even the guys looked fabulous...at the time. While the show seems very dated nowadays, back then it really was IT and I never missed an episode if I could help it. So sit back, and enjoy a little trip down memory lane to watch a snippet of why I longed to become of these dancers. Click and enjoy a little gem from the past...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0O_OXYy5jk

No comments: