Friday, August 17, 2007

In need of a jump

Okay, so the day hasn't turned out as I had originally planned. I had decided to take the kids to the babysitter thinking I could get more accomplished since I'm under pressure timewise to get everything ready in my classroom. Well, we are all packed in the care and the car won't start. I turned the key several times and got nothing. I called my hubby and explained what happened. Decided since we were stuck at home, I might as well pack a picnic lunch and walk the kids over to the park. We were there for about an hour. Just as we got back home, I saw my DH over in the street trying to jumpstart my engine. He had taken the rest of the day off to deal with it. I thought that was really sweet to do. Nothing worked, so he called the Pontiac autoshop nearby for advice. So the new plan now is to let the kids nap, then we'll all head over to my school (in hubby's car) to do a little work, and then head over to Costco to buy a new battery. We are hoping that is all that is wrong with it. If not, then we have to tow the car over to the autoshop tomorrow, thus postponing our trip to the waterfall a little bit. We still plan to go, but may just have to delay it an hour or two. Okay, I am gonna go take a little nap as I'm really stressed out. Sooooo not how I pictured this day turning out...sheesh!

No comments: