Saturday, November 01, 2008

Passing of the torch...

So DH and I are watching TV together and he starts channel surfing. He happens to stop on CMT (a rarety for him) and what do we see? A video of Taylor Swift performing "Photograph" with none other than Def Leppard! Anyone who knows me knows how much I looooooooove this band, particularly Joe Elliot. He's a rock god in my book and could be 90 and sagging and I wouldn't care. Back in the day his mullet and holy pants were "it." He's still got it after all these years too, so you can imagine my giddiness. I've seen them in concert twice and I'd go again in heartbeat. Taylor Swift has that 80's rocker chick look too, so she blended in nicely with them...even if she was considerably younger. I always enjoy duets like this. It's kind of like a passing of the torch so to speak. It helps to bring a fresh spin on an old favorite so that the next generation can discover what we loved in our youth. If you care to catch the video on youtube, click here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh6WKvQaCK4.

No comments: