Friday, September 15, 2006

It's the little things

After so many stressful months, I got to thinking about all the things make me smile. In addition to many professional and personal pressures, I learned about the untimely deaths of two loved ones recently. While I was not particularly close to either of them, I am still deeply saddened about the effect their passings have on my extended family. So I wanted to concentrate on something positive this morning in my blog. I am an easy person to please and it's usually the simplest things that do the trick. So I thought I'd list a few of those things or moments that remind me of why I love life so much. While this list is certainly incomplete, it is full of great things in my life. Some are silly, some are sweet, and some are just guilty pleasures.

1. my children dancing
2. my hubby's crass sense of humor
3. watching John and Caprial's Kitchen on PBS as a family
4. going out for chips 'n salsa
5. playing board or card games with Mo and Rosie
6. shopping
7. cruising ebay for good deals
8. flipping through catalogues
9. throwing the frisbee for my dog to jump up and catch
10. my phone chats with Shelley
11. working on my webpage
12. watching movies
13. eating the bloomin' onion at Outback
14. watching the autumn wind blow in the trees
15. rockin out in my car to a great song
16. playing with my Furby
17. my son's amazing artwork
18. my daughter stomping around like a dinosaur
19. hugs
20. aha! moments
21. attending concerts with my hubby
22. flying on planes (a rare treat)
23. reading
24. writing or reading a good poem
25. really good cinematography (i.e. Lord of the Rings, Memoirs of a Geisha)
26. scrapbooking
27. listening to a waterfall
28. pressing the 'send' button on email after finishing a major assignment
29. christmastime
30. fridays after a long workweek
31. hot chocolate early in the morning
32. getting a new dolphin or fairy collectible
33. candles
34. working out
35. visiting old stomping grounds
36. reminiscing with family
37. finding favorite vintage toys
38. playing in the ocean tide
39. going for a horseback ride in the back country
40. a really meaningful song








Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com

Help! I can't figure out how to get the video to play!













No comments: