Friday, September 29, 2006

My Birthday Boy!



As I sit here and type this, I am utterly mystified at how quickly time has flown. Just a mere sixe years ago, my adorable baby boy was born on a Friday much like this one. At 9:30am, my water broke while I was at work. About 9 or so hours later, Nicky came into the world feet first (he was breech). Well, almost every detail is still fresh in mind as if it were yesterday. Along with my daughter, Nicky has been my saving grace all these years during some challenging times. He is almost always chipper and smiling. He has his moments like the rest of us, but he is really a sensitive and loving little boy. He and his sister are very considerate of each other (most of the time). His favorite pasttime continues to be drawing. He received a cool new doodlepad from his grandma. It comes with colored markers and stencils too, so he is excited to use it. He hasn't set it down since he opened it. I just can't believe that my Kindergartener has grown up so fast. While I am mourning the years we'll never be able to rewind, I look forward all the new and exciting firsts still to come.





No comments: