Friday, February 23, 2007

Crazymaking

I started this blog as a way of venting random stuff. It makes me very transparent I suppose, but it helps my emotional health. I don't believe in bottling up everything and then exploding when it becomes too much to handle. When I have a lot on my plate, I also become easily stressed. The more the anxiety builds in me the more tangled my thoughts become. It becomes this freaky cycle that requires me to get things off my chest in some form by either talking it out or just writing it down. It's very cathartic actually. If I don't blow off the steam, I obsess and overanalyze the pettiest things. It's a little crazymaking actually. For instance:

As some of you know, I have been dealing with a very intense Cooperating Teacher during my student teaching placement. It has been a tough road thus far and is truly pushing me to my limit. I have vented in various ways, but the dark cloud remains. I feel bad after I complain about him, but I feel better for telling someone what it's been like. It's kind of a vicious cycle. I think at this point I need to stop my bellyaching and just get past the fact that this is how it is and move on. My time is already half over, so the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. Tomorrow morning I am going to a job fair in hopes of networking for a good teaching position. I used to work in the district until I went to the sub list to finish up school. Now I just hope I can get back in.

Wow, it is a slow day when the only thing I can think to blog about is why I like to blog. Go figure. I did get to spend some quality time with my fam this evening. We decided we didn't want to worry about money for a night and went to dinner to Shari's. The kids and I met my hubby after work. It was fun for all of us. Then while my husband and son went home in one car. my daughter and I went to Target. We got very sidetracked as we windowshopped and checked out the toy section. I found some cute Easter giffies and hid them in in the shopping cart when K wasn't looking. I can't afford to get stuff for my kids as often I'd like, but I always make sure they get something special on the holidays. Easter is a cute celebration and we have a blast getting ready for it. so in honor of the upcoming vist from 'ol bunny ears...happy TGIF and have a laugh on me...:)




1 comment:

C.H.O.M.E.Y. said...

::happened to browse some blogs..
::nice blog u have here..
::great photos for each entry..however do u manage that...