Tuesday, February 27, 2007

On my own

Well, Hubby has given me his crud and I've passed mine onto him. I guess misery loves company. He called in sick for once. He could barely move he felt so sick. I had to go in. Even though I had another monster headache and should've just stayed in bed, I just popped some pills to keep me afloat for class. One pleasant surprise awaiting me today was the fact that the sub who has been with me for two weeks had to go help out in another class that had not teacher. It's not that I don't appreciate her, but I have only been given a couple of opportunities to teach without anybody else around watching me. To run the class how I see fit and not fretting about someone peeking over my shoulder was a refreshing change.

What was kinda funny was that a few different people poked their heads in to see if I was okay. I assured them that we were chugging right along without any problems. I've been at this awhile now and it's like any new job. It takes time to learn the ropes, but once you get the hang of things you hit your stride. I'm in the process of doing that now. I think teachers are very much like new parents trying to let go of their child for the first time and trusting that they can make it on their own. Anyhow, today went much all of the others as of late, pretty darn good. Some of my students have even come up to me to tell me they like me as their teacher. Regardless of anything the adults say, the kids' opinions mean the most to me. They have my heart in this whole thing.

No comments: