Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Changes in the air

As I sit here watching American Idol: Idol Gives Back, a special fundraising edition of the the popular singing competition, I am somewhat humbled. They are raising money to help support families and various charities in America and Africa. For all of my bellyaching about losing out on a job opportunity, I am reminded that I am pretty darn rich already. I have a wonderful family, amazing friends, a good home, and a masters degree in teaching...something that gives me the power to change lives for the better. So I am grateful to this show that I adore for making me remember that. I had a yummy dinner, a nice bath, and got to read some of my book, so that has helped cheer me up as well. A little TLC does a body good (that and milk). Now onto more Idol chatter. Who knew Simon had a soft side? And a big heart to boot? I was genuinely touched by the great outpouring of support by celebrities and everyone involved in the show. What was another interesting development was the changing of the guard so to speak. Some of the early frontrunners have given way to some sleepers. Phil Stacey, whom I didn't predict would get quite this far, is now becoming a real contender. Though my girl, Jordin Sparks, was simply amazing. She's gonna take it to the end! Now I'm gonna go vote for the first time this season.

Here's your woohoo Shellers! =)

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Well finally. I had to wait long enough for my woo-hoo. I so need to talk to management about their timing issues...LOL!!:)