Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Where R U Mr. Clean?

I have so much to do today, but am having a hard time getting motivated to do any of it. I got started on my cleaning on Monday, but then I ended up working a sub job yesterday. This caused me to lose my momentum, something I need if I am to be productive. It can take me forever to get into the mood, but once I do get there...the house is usually sparkling by the time I'm done. So my game plan is to enlist the kids' help to clean up their rooms and a few other smaller tasks. Other than that, I will probably have them both take long afternoon naps so that I can clean uninterrupted. You have no idea how hard it is to concentrate on stuff when my two wonderful rugrats (I mean that as a term of endearment) are bugging each other incessantly about this, that, and the other thing. My hope is that I will feel satisfied enough with my cleaning progress that I can take them up to the nearby tulip farm that has a large windmill. I doubt the tulips are in full bloom like they were a few weeks ago, but they still have some out and the kids love doing that kind of stuff...always on the hunt for great photo ops too. We shall see how many things I can accomplish. With all the hub-bub of the next few days, I don't want to worry about what people think of the clutter..so I will just make it presentable at least. Woohoo! Shelley comes tomorrow! How's that for timing...???

No comments: