Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm bummed...

Okay, so I get a call from my mother-in-law last night with the news that her daughter's (my sister-in-law) baby was dropping lower and needed her in Seattle by Wednesday. She does some of our childcare, so we bumped her day up to Tuesday (today) and I put all of my plans on hold for another day. I had been looking forward to a day of rest and getting some housecleaning done. Anyhoo, I ended up working a sub job at local school for 6 1/2 hours...not too bad. Even though I wasn't expecting to work today, I did and it was pretty easy. I did some office work and a lot of recess duty. Well, I came home a bit tired, but in a good mood...that is, until I opened the mail. I got a letter from the school I interviewed at last week. I knew right away that wasn't a good sign. They thanked me for interviewing and wished me well, the standard rejection letter. I know it was only one interview and my first one as a teacher candidate. However, I had allowed myself to get my hopes up. That is always a big mistake as then you are even more disappointed. We even had began looking at houses for sale in that area. I know I shouldn't get discouraged as it is still early in the hiring season for teaching positions, but it's so difficult not to. I'll admit it, I'm bummed out. It just sucks. There I said it, aaah...cathartic blogging...good for the soul. I thought I had done an unusually good job in the interview. Normally, I mess up by rambling or getting too nervous. For this one, I had good answers and was on my game. Guess it's just a crapshoot. You never know how it's gonna go. So I'm gonna make myself feel better with a yummy dinner and a hot bath and book. Then I'll hit the internet and start applying to even more places. I'll say it again...I don't like job hunting. It's too hard on the ego.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Aww...so sorry:( HUGS!! Job hunting bites, no doubt about it. You get that yummy dinner, hot bath, and good book. You deserve that.

I always like to think of job rejections as a sign that there is a better job out there for me. Of course, that doesn't help in the moment...but chocolate does.

Love you and can't wait to see you!!!