Sunday, January 06, 2008

All good things...


...must come to an end, eh? Well, that's what's happening today. My winter break is officially over after today. Maybe it's not the end of good things, but rather just a change in what those good things will be. It's back to school and the daily grind of teaching 6th grade. I woke up this morning and began to immediately worry over how I was going to teach all the geography concepts in the format we currently have. There are a lot of little things that I had planned to do over the vacation, but just couldn't bring myself to even stress over them. My best guess is that I had been needing this time out for so badly due to all long hours leading up to it, that I just collapsed. I know that it didn't help me get ahead, but I'll just have to prioritize really well. At least my heart and mind are feeling less cluttered.


It has been an interesting winter break to say the least. We kept really busy with holiday activities and spending time with family and friends. The highlight of the last two weeks had to be the joint decision hubby and I made to focus on losing weight together. We are both feeling very focused. This is a remarkable thing for my hubby, so I want to support him all the way. I want to lost about 15-20 more pounds, which should take me down to 125-130. Crossing my fingers that we'll both have the will power to maintain this goal, but if we keep our ultimate goal in sight it should happen. I am very proud of my hubby for working so hard. Well, that's it for today. Gotta go to bed at a decent hour for once so I can get the kids off to school and childcare. I'll miss staying up late and sleeping in...:( It's back to going to bed early and up before the sun rises...:)

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

It's hard to get back in the swing of a regular schedule. I feel your pain there. Good for you and the hubby on deciding to do the weight loss together. Makes it easier.