Sunday, January 20, 2008

Concrete Angel

Okay, two blogs in one day...doin pretty good on the writing front I guess. My last entry was pretty lighthearted and fun. This one isn't so much. As is the standard for most blogs, I write whatever is on my mind at the time. So I was watching various videos on youtube and came across an old song by Martina McBride called "Concrete Angel." It had been awhile since I'd last listened to it and I'd forgotten just how sad the content truly was until I saw the video for it. If you've ever had a child or even simply loved a child, you won't be able to watch it without a tear by the end of it. It makes you wanna hug your own children close to your heart and thank your lucky stars for them. There is an old saying that I forget who it's by, but it goes something like this..."So often we worry about who a child will become that we forget that they are already somebody today." Love 'em and treat 'em like gold is what we should do. Here is the link for the video clip if you wanna see the video for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwwy-g2wkc

"And her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved..."

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

I always cried a little whenever I heard that song. I am truly amazed at how many people have children only to abuse or neglect them.