Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ringin in the New Year

Happy New Year! Well, here we are in 2008 already. It seems like just yesterday when the millenium crept up on us. We had a fabulous New Year's Eve ourselves. Hubby, the kids, and I spent the evening with some great friends at their home. We enjoyed good music, good finger foods, and great company. The children got to play and watch tons of movies, while the adults played games...though hubby and his buddy Brian played the computer kind while Rosie and I played the card kind...:) For those of you who know me well, you know that I rarely drink. Not so much because I dislike it and such, but simply because I don't really have an opportunity to do so. I'm not big on alchohol in general, but will knock back a Corona or two (with lime). If I'm gonna have hard licquor, the taste must be disguised by a fruity drink of some kind. Yep, I'm a wimp, gotta have my tooty fruity drinks that way. Anyhow, I digress...to sum up...we had a wonderful time hanging out with friends as we watched the ball drop in time square. These same friends will be coming over to our place today to spend more quality time which is nice. The great thing about winter break is that we can do more of what we want when we want.

I did enjoy this past year for the most part. It was crazy busy to say the least. In fact, instead of recapping the high points, I'm gonna borrow an idea from my best friend's blog. She took the first sentence from the first entry of each month to form one paragraph. I doubt it will make much sense taken out of context, but here goes...

Alright, I will finally adhere to common sense and turn in early. I entered the classroom today and got quite the surprise. Last night, as I grew bored with the results show on American Idol, I channel-surfed and landed on PBS. (Blog Title: Blow it out your glass)...Kinda catchy I thought...:) Okay, there have been a slew of frivolous lawsuits filed over the years.
It always feels good to get away, even if only for a little while. Whew! This week was a true whirlwind of events and emotions. I just finished reading my best friend's blog, lawfrogtx.blogspot.com, and came to an intersting realization. Alright, it's not quite Doomsday, but that's how it feels at least. I am starting to feel the drain on my energy. So I got the kids all dressed up for Halloween this year. Well, it's been so long since my last post that I just don't even know where to begin.


So that is the year in a nutshell...not so much, eh? It doesn't exactly put the year in review, but that's okay. I know what happened and if you really care that much about my year, you can always look back over my archives. Anyhow, I want to wish everyone an excellent new year and may all your wishes come true. Happy 2008!!!

No comments: