Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cloud Nine

The title sounded cute considering the milestone I'm celebrating today. Hubby and I have been together for nine whole years, married for almost six. My MIL offered to keep the kids overnight tomorrow (Friday) so that we could have a night out alone. It's rare when we get a date night, so we're nabbing it, especially for this occasion. Those near and dear to us, know what an incredibly rocky road it has been, but I am grateful for all of it as it has helped shape me for the better in many ways. I am stronger and more patient then ever. Hubby challenges me and loves me at the same time. In a nutshell, we were together for about a year when I got pregnant with our son. Instead of breaking up or rushing off to elope in Vegas (which we almost did), we opted to let time take its course naturally. We didn't want to live according to anyone else's agenda and decided that if and when we got married, it would be because it was right for us. So about 2 and 1/2 years later, Hubby and tied the knot in a beautiful service at a rustic old church. So today I dedicate this blog to the love of my life and the bane of my existence (our affectionate references), Kevin. After all this time, the spark is still alive and better than ever. Even with the obstacles, love certainly worked its magic for us. As my favorite poet, Robert Frost, wrote..."we took a road less traveled and that has made all the difference."

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

It's the tough stuff that makes us stronger and brings us together. Congratulations to you and Kevin! May the road be less rocky as you go forward together.