Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Passionate Life

This first day of the new year kind of threw me for a loop. It is always a time for renewal as we say goodbye to the old and embrace the new. I got to thinking that there are certain things that we all need in life. I'm not talking about the basic necessities like food, water, and shelter. I am referring to the things inside of us that make us pulse with energy and feel truly alive. And I am not talking about simply breathing. For some, it is the need for an adrenaline rush. Those are the people that take risks or maybe participate in extreme sports. For some, it is intellectual stimulation. Those are the people that might read a lot or seek out higher education. For some, it is spirituality. Those are the people that find comfort in their faith and believe in a higher power. For some it is ambition, that need to succeed. Those are the people that are very career savvy and maybe climb the corporate ladder. For some it is artistic expression, that something that ignites a creative spark within. For some, it is the family stone. Those are the ties that bind them to their loved ones and keep them close to home. For some it is passion, that desire to connect with someone on every level, whether it is with the heart or the body. Whatever it is that you need in your life, it is best to take steps to make sure that you have what you need to thrive. For me, I need a variety of the things mentioned, though I don't want to climb any corporate ladders. However, I do love to read, must have a creative outlet, am finding my faith, couldn't live without my family, and passion is certainly something I crave. Most of all, I just need love in my life...that is what makes it all worth living.

No comments: