Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hubby Time

So after a very long and tiring day for us both at work, hubby and I went out for a date to celebrate our 9 year dating anniversary. I had packed an overnight bag and sent the kids off with their grandma earlier, so we were all set for some alone time. Since we were both starving, we opted to eat somewhere nearby. So we went to this little sports bar and grill that was connected to a bowling alley. Yes, I'm easy to please and don't need the fancy stuff to have a good time. While we were waiting for our food, we both had some Coronas with a twist of lime to relax a little bit. On an empty stomach, it didn't take much to get a buzz on. I don't enjoy being drunk, so I know my limit pretty well by now. Anyhow, we both ordered a french dip and some potato skins for appetizers. I had two of those things and that coulda been my whole meal right there. They sure tasted good though...thank you Shelley for introducing me to yet another sinful yet delightful treat...:)

After we finished dinner, we walked next door to the adjoining bowling alley. We found out it was league night, so that was out of the question. Next, we drove a block or two (it was freezing outside) to a pool hall. We played about three rounds and I won two of them. That was actually a lotta fun for us both. Kevin indulged me for a bit longer and watched me play a game of Ms. Pac Man in their mini-arcade. It's my favorite video game from the early days of arcades. We were both feeling pretty tired at that point, so we went home. There were two beers left in the fridge (it's rare to have beer in our house) from new years, so we both had one. That last one strengthed my buzz. Hubby's headache had progressed to a migraine and he was battling a sore throat. His voice was scratchy, but oh he was so adorable and sweet right then. He opened the door for me to the car earlier that night. When he's chivalrous like that, I love him even more for the extra effort to court me. So then I got online to surf a bit while he watched the Sci Fi Channel. Both of us were suddenly hit with exhaustion and turned in early to sleep. How sad are we? We both said this morning how old we felt for ending the night so young. I've woken up with a slight headache of my own, but don't think I'll have any Coronas for awhile, they aren't good for a diet. I may've gained a half pound back yesterday, but I wouldn't change a thing 'cause I had a fabulous night out with hubby that was much needed. Nine years and counting!

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Awww, that sounds like a very sweet and fun night. Glad you liked the potato skins. They are too delicious if you ask me.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!