Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekly doins

Well, I survived the first week back to school. It felt longer than usual since I had grown accustomed to being at home. In my down time, I had a little too much time to let my mind wander, but it was good to feel very rested. Though being back to work has been good for me and has kept me very busy. I can never complain of being bored, that's for sure since there is always something more to be done. I enjoy teaching very much, but I must say that I am grateful for the weekends. Dealing with 24 eleven-year olds can get to be a bit much after awhile. Though they are fairly independent for the most part. Part of me keeps wondering if I should go back for my middle school endorsement in English and Social Studies so that I can specialize. High school seems like it would be a bit too much to take on, but I will keep at what I'm doing at the elementary level for now and just see what happens in the coming months.

This weekend was interesting. I took the kids over to the home of some good friends, Brian and Rosie, to spend some quality time. I also got to see another dear friend, Mo, for the first time in almost six months! Hubby opted to stay home and hang out with a friend of his. I wished he had come with me, but it was a fun evening nonetheless. Rosie, Mo, and I got to play cards and it felt like old times. Poor Brian was outnumbered by the amount of estrogen in the room, but he eventually joined in for a game of Monopoly. The kids and I look forward to Saturdays as it is the one day of the week where we get to hang out with good friends. Sundays are usually our family days or just a time to catch up on home projects. My daughter and I made a trip to Costco and shared a churro. We don't often get to spend just girl time alone. I better get off the computer now. She's asking me to read a book, so hope all who read this enjoy their week. Take care!

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend - good friends and good quality time with your daughter!